- 15.5 ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 9 ounce cooked corn (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 ½ — 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 chicken breast, chopped (optional)
In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Squeeze fresh lime juice to taste and stir in olive oil.
Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Add avocado just before serving.
—Submitted by Sarah D., Northern Illinois University