5 Flu Prevention Tips:
- Get vaccinated! The flu vaccine is the first and most important step in protecting yourself against the flu virus.
- Wash your hands often with warm water and soap.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that you come into contact with.
- Avoid close contact with sick people (friends, family, significant others, etc.).
If you missed the opportunity to get a flu shot in your dorm or during your scheduled clinic in October, then don’t worry, you can still get one!
How do you get a flu shot on campus? Just walk into the Rebecca M. Sykes Wellness Center and ask one of the healthcare providers for one.
Note: You should always check with your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) first to see if they have given you consent to get one. The nurse will need this consent before administering your flu shot.