Why we love it:
Power naps can be a wonderful thing, but it’s best to keep them short and sweet. A nap of just 10–30 minutes can help you feel alert and won’t leave you feeling groggy.
Here are some tips on the best way to nap, according to research:
- Aim to nap before 3 pm. Napping (or having caffeine) after 3 pm could make it harder to fall asleep at night.
- If you’re tired but you need to drive somewhere, take a quick nap first to recharge.
- Avoid napping if you struggle to fall asleep at night or have insomnia.
To help you fall asleep and time your nap, try the Power Nap App. Features include
- A power nap timer for up to 30 minutes
- Relaxing sounds to help you fall asleep (e.g., rain, ocean, thunder)
- Gentle alarm sounds to wake you peacefully
- Info page with instructions and facts about naps
Now, if only they had naptime in high school like they did in kindergarten…
Devices: iOS, Android
For more information, click here.